For Video Podcasting or Blogging a Professional Camera is a necessity for making a professional video. Whether you’re a Fashion Blogger or want to clicks photos of your recipe dishes – the perfect shot can make the difference. Even for Bloggers and Podcasters, audiences desire the best quality Video’s with every colour appreciated.
Anyone with a Blog or a Podcast that has image/video content is likely to ponder on which camera to use at some point of time. If you’re looking for a single stop solution or advice, let me tell you that there is no right answer to this question. The ideal choice depends on individual budgets and individual requirements. As a result, what might be an ideal solution for you, might not even be an option for another blogger.
If you’re strained on the budget you can start with your Smartphone or a Point-and-Shoot camera and then move on to a Professional camera later.
If wish for Cinema quality for your Videos andarelooking for more professional options- do check the Best DSLR Cameras for Cinema quality output.
Good choice for beginners- affordable
- 18MP APS-C CMOS Sensor
- DIGIC 5 Image Processor
- 3.0″ 1,040k-Dot Touchscreen LCD Monitor
- Full HD 1080p Video Recording at 30 fps
- Hybrid CMOS Autofocus System
- 24.2 MP CMOS DX-format sensor
- 5 frames per second continuous shooting
- 11 AF points with 3D tracking
- ISO 100-12800 (expandable to 25600)
- 1080 (60, 50, 30, 25, 24 fps) HD video (MPEG-4/H.264/MOV)
- 3 inch LCD with 921,000 dots
- Expeed 4 processing
With 18-55mm and 55-250mm STM Lens + 16 Piece Deluxe Accessory Kit Bundle
- 18 megapixel CMOS (APS-C) sensor with DIGIC 4 image processor
- EF-S 18-55mm IS II standard zoom lens expands picture-taking possibilities
- 3-inch LCD TFT color, liquid-crystal monitor for easy viewing and sharing
- EOS 1080p full HD movie mode helps you capture brilliant results
- Features include continuous shooting up to 3fps, Scene Intelligent Auto mode, creative filters, built-in flash and feature guide
Single kit solution for beginners and intermediate professional Bloggers, Podcasters and Video Bloggers
If you can strain your budget some more
- High Resolution 16.2 MP DX-format CMOS sensor
- High Speed 6 frames per second continuous shooting up to 100 shots
- Breathtaking Full 1080p HD Movies with Full Time Autofocus
- Dynamic ISO range from 100 to 6400
- Ground-breaking 2,016-pixel RGB (3D Color Matrix) exposure sensor
USP – Twin memory card slots offer a number of advantages: sequential recording; recording the same images simultaneously on two cards; recording RAW and JPEG separately onto two different cards; and duplicating images from one card to another. It’s also possible to designate a specific card with more memory for use at the time of movie recording.
One Kit solution for professional photos and videos
- 20.2 MP APS-C CMOS sensor and DIGIC 5+
- 19 point cross-type AF System
- Up to 7 fps shooting
- ISO 100-12800, expandable to 25600
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF for fast focus in live view and video
- 3″ articulating touch panel LCD screen with 1,040,000 dots
- Built-in flash with integrated speedlite transmitter and hot shoe
- Intelligent viewfinder with electronic overlay
- 1080 (30, 25, 24 fps) and 720 (60, 50 fps) HD video (H.264/MPEG-4/MOV)
- Instant sharing and remote control with built-in Wi-Fi and EOS Remote app
For the best professional snaps and videos
- 24.2 MP DX-format CMOS image sensor
- No Optical Low-Pass Filter (OLPF)
- 51 point autofocus system
- 6 frames per second (fps) shooting capacity
- EXPEED 4 image processing
- Built in Wi-Fi and Near Field Communication (NFC) for instant sharing
Use the optional ME-W1 Wireless Microphone and record clear monaural audio from subjects as far as 164ft/50m away, or attach the optional ME-1 Stereo Microphone to the ME-W1 Wireless Microphone’s remote unit for stereo recording.
- 22MP full frame CMOS sensor
- 6 frames per second continuous shooting
- 61-point AF system
- ISO 100 – 25600 range with 50 – 102,800 expansion
- 1080p HD video recording with manual controls
- 3.2 inch LCD with 1,040,000 dots
- 100% viewfinder coverage
- Dual CF and SD card slots
- DIGIC 5+ processor
Nikon D810 FX-format Digital SLR – $4500
Film Makers Kit w/ AF-S NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G ED, AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.8G & AF-S NIKKOR 85mm f/1.8G Lenses
- Film Makers Kit includes three lenses and comprehensive accessories for all your film-shooting needs
- 36.3 MP FX-format CMOS sensor without an Optical Low Pass Filter (OLPF)
- 30% faster EXPEED 4 image processing engine
- 51-point AF system and 3D Color Matrix metering III with a 91,000-pixel RGB sensor
- ISO 64-12,800 expandable to 51,200
- Professional video and audio capabilities
For those who love adventure and share the adrenaline rush with their freinds and fans.
Huge, out-of-the-box fun. In little more than 1 cubic inch. – Standing at just 35mm, the Polaroid CUBE is here to prove that the best things do indeed come in small packages. This tiny action camera supports Micro SD cards up to 32 GB, and is ready to capture your most exciting moments in full HD video or highresolution images. So if you’re living a life that’s fit for film, make the CUBE your constant companion. It is weatherproof and shockproof, and more than capable of handling anything you throw at it.
Sony Action Cam-HDR-AS20 – $199.00
Shoot without the shake. Relive the thrill of that big wave or your epic off-road wipeout, all in incredibly smooth HD footage thanks to SteadyShot™ image stabilization. Want to see what you’re recording as it’s happening? Turn your smartphone or tablet into a live monitor with Wi-Fi® and one-touch NFC.
Polaroid XS100 Extreme – $129
The Polaroid XS100 Extreme Edition Waterproof Action Camera is the most exciting and most professional Action Camera offered by Polaroid yet! Are you ready to jump off a cliff or a plane? How about surfing, skiing, biking, rafting etc? Then this is the camera you want! The Functions, Quality and Durability equals and in some features (G Sensor, Dual File Recording, Vibrates, Ultra Light )even surpasses the cameras offered by other brands in the professional market.
- Professional 4K (3840 x 2160) video recording with up to 240p HD / 120p HD
- SteadyShot(TM) image stabilization works from bikes to aerial shot and more
- Control up to 5 Action Cam via phone1 or LiveView(TM) Remote (Sold Separately)
- Splash proof body with universal tripod mount
- Built-in stereo mic for quality sound with wind noise reduction
- Automatically creates highlight video in MP4 from multiple clips
Some key features and specs to look for while selecting a Camera for Podcasting and Video Blogging:
- Weight: A camera can get surprisingly unsteady after a period of time holding it, so go with a light weight model to ensure that your camera is as steady as possible for the longest period of time when you’re not using a tripod.
- Lens: A 24mm wide angle lens is preferred. This allows you to shoot yourself from close range.
- Optical image stabilization: Although Youtube and other video editing software can help, it is recommended to look for models that have image stabilization as they help to smooth out shaking and movement.
- Audio: A forward facing microphone is beneficial as it allows your voice to project directly at the device for clearer sound quality. A microphone jack is also something to look for.
- Full HD: Clearly, purchasing a Full HD device is going to get you a nice clear, sharp video. But you’ll also pay a little extra. 1080p is the one to shoot for, but 720p will also give you quality video, without the price tag.
Other Resources and Tools
With the right Microphone in place, you will require some more quality equipment to give a professional cut to your Audio/Video content. Here’s a list of the best associated tools to use, making you a real professional and your content recorded at your home office sounding like straight from the Studio.
A list of the best portable Audio Recorders for offsite interviews and on-field audio recording.
Giving the final touches to your recordings and a professional editors cut.
Recommended Training and Tutorials
Easy DSLR Digital Photography Course for Beginners – Take dramatically better photos by learning the basic principles you need to master your DSLR camera
Make The Right Video – Learn to make videos worth over $15K – Learn the secrets of agencies and high-end production studios – How you can consistently land BIG clients for thousands
Basic Food Photography – Learn how to take delicious food photos from scratch
Street Photography: How to approach people on the streets – Learn how to get over your fear, how to approach people and how to improve the creativity and quality of your photos.
Moving Forward – More Professional Tools
Some Closing Words
Let me know what you use for your Podcasts or Video Blogging in the comment section. If you plan to start a Podcast/Video Blog and are confused, let me know I will surely guide you through.
If you enjoyed post this kindly give a Like and spread it to your friends by sharing on Facebook, Twitter etc. It may be helpful to them
Expecting great comments, insights and shares.
Image Source – Amazon